Tuesday, September 22, 2020

Front Porch Step Concrete Pour

22 Sep 20 - Today was to pour the little piece of front porch step.  This is the first 60 pound bag of concrete.
Mixing the second bag of concrete.  I borrowed this mixer from a good friend and it made the job so much easier!  I also got the black flat pan from him.
Mix and then dump into the pan on the wagon and pull it to the front yard.
Dump it into the form.  On to the next bag.
Dumping the third bag of concrete.  Well almost all of it was needed to fill the form.
Making sure it is flat and level with the existing step. 
The remaining bag of concrete went into a box lined with an old shower curtain that should be used as a paver somewhere in the yard.
I came out after the first flattening and saw 5 small toe prints in the top of the new concrete.  The 5 year old next door neighbor came over to check my work.  I troweled the prints out of the concrete and waited for it to set.  When I came back out there was a scratched line in the top.  I figured it was from the stick he was carrying around.  But that is ok, the front porch is going to be tiled after the concrete sets for at least 30 days!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment